Discourse as given by Goenkaji;
Truth of the Cessation of Suffering.
As slaves to the 6 sense spheres we are bound to suffering.
The 8 Fold-Path to Cessation of Suffering;
- Right Understanding; knowledge of misery/suffering, how it arises, ceases and the path to cessation of suffering
- Right Th0ught; renunciation, free from anger, aversion, violence, free from killing of all beings
- Right Speech; clear, concise, when required. Free from lies, slander, gossip, harsh words, or back-talk.
- Right Action; no killing of ANY being, no taking what is not given, no sexual misconduct.
- Right Livelihood; for the benefit of all beings.
- Right Effort; work for good-will, to prevent negativity in mental, verbal, physical action.
- Right Awareness; meditation on Satipatthana Sutta, sensations and impermanence.
- Right Concentration; the levels of liberation.